Digital Practice Help
Digital Practice is a service that has been designed to make it easy for patients of this Practice to:
- Get answers to their questions
- Quickly access the right help and advice for their needs.
By using Digital Practice you will be able to:
Make online requests to your GP Practice such as:
- Appointment requests
- Appointment Cancellation
- Ask the Doctor a question
- Ask the Practice a question
- Repeat Prescription requests
- Help with medications
- Request test results
- Request sick notes
- Subject Access Request
- Child medical history form
- Adult medical history form
Submit self-monitoring health reviews
(if requested by the doctor or nurse):
- Mental Health
- Blood Pressure
Find the forms that you need:
- New Patient registration
- Change of details
- Register for online services
Give feedback to the Practice:
- Feedback and Complaints
- Friends and Family Test
Get advice on common conditions:
- Services offered by your GP Practice such as travel services.
- Health services and health support groups in your area.
- Help from NHS.uk regarding your condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make a request to my Practice?
- To make a request to your Practice select the service that you require.
- You will be prompted for information about your request. When you complete a request this will be sent to your practice. The system acknowledges that your request has been sent and will let you know what happens next.
- The Practice handles the requests during their normal working day, i.e. if you send a request on Friday pm the Practice won’t normally see it until Monday morning.
How do I receive the responses from the Practice?
On some services, such as Ask the Practice a question and Ask the Doctor a question once the Practice has processed your request they will send you a response. This response will be sent to the email address that you have given in the form.
For security purposes the email will ask that you verify your identification. Once you have completed this the message from the surgery will be shown for you to read.
Security of your information
This service always uses fully encrypted connections, the same security as used in internet banking. If you look at the right of the address bar, you will see a small padlock icon. This indicates that you are using a secure link and that your data is encrypted.
As an additional measure your information is held encrypted until the practice need to view it. It is then sent to the practice still encrypted and only converted to readable text at the practice.
We track how you use our Digital Practice but we don’t collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) while you’re browsing. This means that you can’t be personally identified. We use Google Analytics software to track:
- The pages you visit
- How long you use the site
- How you got to the site and what links you clicked on.
We haven’t given Google permission to share this data with anyone else.
How is the Digital Practice updated?
We are continuously working on this site to make sure that the information is accurate and up to date. The digital practice is also continuously updated based on the results of user testing, feedback from members of the public and from your practice and other practices who are using this system.
Suggestions for improvement of the Digital Practice
We are always looking for ways to improve this service and would welcome your suggestions. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to external sites
Digital Practice links to external organisations when that service is essential for helping a patient complete a task or when helping patients find a service.