Clinics and Services
We offer a range of clinics and services including those below. For more information, please visit our Health Review and Assessment Clinic Room.
If you would like to attend any of the below clinics, please visit our Consulting Room.
We offer the following clinics and services:
- Atrial fibrillation – doctor
- Asthma review – nurse/doctor. If you have been advised by the surgery to complete a review of your asthma, please fill out our Asthma Review form.
- Blood pressure – nurse/HCA. If you have been advised by the surgery to complete a review of your blood pressure, please fill out our Blood Pressure Review form.
- Cancer care – doctor/minor illness nurse
- Cardiovascular disease – doctor. If you have been advised by the surgery to complete a review of your cardiovascular condition, please fill out our COPD Review form.
- Chaperone – nurse/HCA
- Child immunisations – nurse
- Cholesterol check – HCA
- Chronic obstructive airways disease – doctor/minor illness nurse
- Coils – nurse for checks and insertion
- Contraception advice – nurse.
- Diabetes – HCA/doctor
- Dressings and simple dressing – HCA/nurse
- Dementia reviews – doctor/minor illness nurse
- Depression reviews – doctor/minor illness nurse
- ECG – HCA/nurse
- Frailty care – doctor/minor illness nurse/community team
- Heart Disease – HCA for blood pressure
- INR – HCA/nurse
- Learning disabilities – doctor/minor illness nurse
- Mental health – doctor
- Minor surgery and joint injections – doctor/musculoskeletal practitioner
- NHS healthchecks – HCA/nurse
- Palliative care – doctor
- Phlebotomy – HCA
- Rheumatoid arthritis reviews – doctor
- Senior healthchecks – HCA /nurse
- Smear tests – nurse
- Suture removal – nurse/HCA
- Vaccinations – nurse/HCA for influenza vaccines
- Wound care – nurse/HCA
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel please telephone the surgery on 01787 222022 at least 6 weeks before you are due to travel and request a telephone call from our practice nurse. Please leave a contact name and telephone number, the date you are travelling, the country you are visiting and itinerary (if you are visiting areas within countries) and length of stay.
This information is to determine what vaccinations are required. We are able to give you advice for NHS travel vaccines only. Vaccinations currently covered under the NHS are:
- Hepatitis A
- Diphtheria and Polio
These can therefore be administered by one of our nursing team at The Pump House Surgery. You will need to attend a private clinic for the following vaccinations as we do not administer these at The Pump House Surgery:
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese B Encephalitis
- Meningitis ACWY
- Yellow Fever
These vaccinations are not covered under the NHS and will incur a private fee. It is important to contact us as soon as you know you will be travelling, as you will need an appointment with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations covered under the NHS. These vaccines may have to be ordered as they may not be a stock vaccine. Your appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
You can also look at the fit of travel NHS page for further details.